Friday, November 7, 2008

Albert Einstein

"A human being is part of the whole that we call the universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest-a kind of optical illusion of his consciousness." This reading was pretty cool. I especially like this quote. It's sort of crazy to think that our lives, everything in our lives, how ever big it may feel, is really just a small tiny portion of this universe. everything we see everyday, the people we meet, the things we do, is just a small portion of what else is out there in this world. sometimes its hard to realize this, but i think it's really good to. we need to realize that we're not the center of the universe. growing up i remember i used to think that everyone around me was a robot, and that everything is just planned out and fake and i'm the only real human being on the earth. kind of like that move with jim carey, except the people around him were not robots. it's pretty silly. but i think traveling has really opened my eyes to see that there's an entire world out there, besides my little world here in california. whenever i'm in a bad mood, having a bad day, i try to think of others out there in this world really truly suffering, as i'm sitting there with this bad attitude in my head because of a bad grade i got or something. This reading goes on saying that this sort of thought is a prison to us. that we need to go out embrace every living thing and nature.

2 comments:

MissVirginia said...

Again Marisol, I really enjoyed reading your blog. It's crazy that you thought that everything were robotic... I kind of thought the same way... Not even joking! It was a really cool way to experience life, having gone on mission trips with my church when I was younger, to realize that I am not the ONLY human.
Good job!

Kyle McFerran said...

its funny how we get so wrapped up in our own little worlds and forget that we really are only a small little part huh? well you thought everyone around you was a robot...i just thought my little sister was...lol i still dont understand her and sometimes i still think she might be... hahahaha