Friday, September 26, 2008

Tzu-Ssu

I enjoyed this reading a bit more than the last one. I like how it talks about how the mature person accepts this situation. I think my favorite sentence in this reading is "Life can present him with no situation in which he isn't master of himself." In life, we are the only ones who can control our lives. No one else can control our lives unless we let them.
As I reread this, I stop to think about how peaceful this world would be if we all lived like the mature person this reading is describing. No blame towards others, seeking nothing from others, not fawning his superiors, not dominating over his subordinates, living in perfect serenity, This is the type of person I wish to be.
I also really enjoyed the last part of this reading about sincerity. Sincerity is really truly a powerful thing. For many people it is too hard to be sincere with others and with themselves. I love and completely agree with the idea that once we act with sincerity, everything we do is right.

4 comments:

Kyle McFerran said...

with true sincerity there is no need for suspicion, jealousy, wondering if the person has a double meaning or alterier motive. there is only trust, love and acceptance. perfect love casts out all fear. perfect love is sincere.

Florentina said...

It's so true, it's hard for people to be sincere! Most of the time we get sarcasm instead. It seems like no one can be sincere anymore; if you mean something, you have to say it in a joking matter, always making the person wonder if you WERE being sincere to begin with.

Malayna Rene said...

I also liked what this selection had to say about sincerity. I agree with you that it would be really great if everyone could sincere the world would be more peaceful, because everyone would be doing the right thing.

UnderwoodTwo said...

With all the stress that we all live with in today's society, it is difficult to always have mature judgement in all that we do. But an important thing, it seems to me, is something you pointed out; to not blame others or seek anything from them. This would go a long ways in the sincerity and maturity you talk about.